The Chief Brandthrupist
Learn more about what makes
Yolanda M. Smith
Colorful – Competent – Creative – Captivating
- SPEAKING TOPICS
- VIDEOS & GALLERY
- CLIENTS & REVIEWS
“Creating and Managing Your Personal Brand”
This session introduces the concept of personal branding. In the digital age, personal branding is necessary for the success of any company or individual. Failing to manage your personal brand can lead to misinformation about you or your company. Identifying and using the tools that impact personal branding correctly will ensure that the public sees the reputation and image you want them to see. This workshop provides participants with information and tools to ensure you project a positive personal brand in your chosen marketplace.
By the end of the workshop with Personal Branding Expert, Yolanda Smith, participants will:
- Define personal branding and its impact on perception and credibility
- Understand your personal and professional influencers and how to create impact
- Learn how to create a personal brand Statement to effectively tell your story
- Use social media to build your brand and network
- Gain knowledge on how to preserve your personal brand through a crisis
“Creating an Explosive Digital Footprint”
With the continued rise of digital and social media, personal branding presents a wonderful opportunity to ignite potential and boost trust, loyalty, and engagement between a company and its customers. The
eruption of digital media offers professionals the opportunity to have their value and expertise at the forefront like never before. Your brand is also your company’s brand. To heighten your personal brand through digital PR, you must be discoverable, memorable, and shareable. It’s amazing that so many people have yet to seize this opportunity and make an impactful impression of their life’s work while delivering value to their company.
In this session with personal branding expert, Yolanda Smith, you’ll:
- Get an introduction to personal branding and why it’s so important for you and your company’s success
- Learn how to create a personal branding strategy to ensure your expertise stands out
- Understand your influencers and create a personal branding statement.
- Receive tips and tricks on how to get the most out of LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and other social platforms
- Learn how to remain relevant and keep your personal brand fresh and on track
“Negotiating for the “YES”: Leveraging Your Reputation
In this session, you will be introduced to the art of negotiation where you will learn key techniques on how to use emotional intelligence secrets to get to your desired outcome. It’s not about the destination but the journey. You will discover how there is power in the word “no” and learn the art of letting the other side have your way. Yolanda Smith will teach you the five essential steps of a powerful personal brand and why credibility is key to negotiating. After all, you’re in one business, and one business only, and that is the trust business.
In this workshop with branding expert Yolanda Smith, participants will:
- Learn the fundamentals of negotiating and its significance in business
- Identify four techniques of persuasion
- Understand the power of a calibrated No
- Define personal branding and its impact on your credibility
- Understand your personal and professional influencers
Become the CEO of Your Career: Taking Control of Your Destiny”
In this session, you will be empowered to take control of your destiny with strategies and practical tips that can ignite your potential, boost your credibility, and increase your influence to position you for
visibility and recognition. Yolanda Smith delves into the power of mindset, mediocracy, limiting beliefs, and the 4 C’s formula. You will discover the importance of owning your brand, setting your vision, and executing a strategic roadmap for personal and professional success.
In this interactive and engaging session, you will learn how to take control of your career to achieve next-level excellence.
- Understand the impact of mindset, limiting beliefs, and the 4 C’s of Success.
- Identify the value of a strong personal Brand Signature
- Learn practical strategies for career advancement
- Discuss action-oriented steps to create a strategic roadmap and impact goals
- Receive tips on career mapping and networking
- B.S. Marketing and Business Analysis, Indiana University Kelly School of Business
- M.B.A. – healthcare concentration, Indiana Wesleyan University
- Executive Leadership – Influence and Decision Making, Georgetown University
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Communications, Ragan Communications
- 15+ years of public speaking and personal branding expertise
- People growth leader, author, and professional development coach
- Certified DEI communicator with expertise in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Inclusive language trainer
- Masterclass and workshop facilitator, moderator, panelist, and storyteller
- Accomplished innovative healthcare leader with extensive experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Established the Education Center of Excellence (eCOE) for in-house training opportunities to strengthen academic- industry relationships resulting in a 60% shift of industry perceptions from negative to positive.
- Led the development and implementation of the “Making Medicines: The Process of Drug Development” eLearning course, resulting in 58 academic partnerships
- Led the Tuskegee University/Lilly Diversity Partnership for increased minority enrollment in clinical trials
- Program and course development (live and virtual)
- Proven success in developing outcome-driven strategies, building sustainable partnerships, business solutions, compelling communications, and employee engagement programs
- Developed several award-winning marketing campaigns to engage, educate and empower
- Chair Girl Talk Incorporated 2016-2020
- Board member “STEMNASIUM” – 2018-2019
- American Academy of Family Physicians Foundation Corporate Roundtable 2017-2019
- American Medical Association Corporate Roundtable 2012-2019
- American Osteopathic Association Corporate Advisory Board 2012-2018
- American College of Physicians Industry Summit, 2012-2015
- Commission to End Health Care Disparities, 2012
- Board of Directors, Wheeler-Dowe Boys/Girls Club 2006-2009
- Co-chair for Covering Kids & Families of Indiana Marketing Communications Committee 2006-2008
What Makes You Sparkle
Helping others to be their best self and succeed. My Why – I want to empower people to reach their highest potential to achieve joy and success in their lifetime.
- Team Lilly Award for Leadership
- Indianapolis Business Journal’s “Women of Influence,” Award
- LRL President’s Diversity Award
- PM360 ELITE Award for Transformational Leadership
- Yolanda’s energy and passion came through loud and clear. It was one of the best talks on owning your career I have ever heard! Thank you so much for your vision and inspiration. I look forward to taking the next practical steps toward owning my career.
- Yolanda is “THE BRANDTHRUPIST”!! I just completed her Branding4Success program and it was a revolutionary eye-opener for me.
- So inspiring and motivating! Yolanda has the “it” factor and engages the audience with real-world practical advice on Personal Branding.