The Crisis Manager
Learn more about what makes
Dr. Sheron C. Patterson
Colorful – Competent – Creative – Captivating
- SPEAKING TOPICS
- VIDEOS & GALLERY
- CLIENTS & REVIEWS
Creating Calm before Chaos
Unfortunately, chaos has become a part of our everyday life. Companies and employees have become targets of disturbed individuals and disgruntled employees that have too often, turned into tragedy. Since Dr. Sheron, has been the crisis expert that helps companies and organizations to manage their employees during crises, she understands how important it is for companies to have an emotional/mental action plan before the chaos. In this session, she helps companies prepare for chaos by sharing key strategies to create a preventative action plan.
Effectively Leading Your Team Through Crisis
Have you experienced workplace tragedy, scandals, violence, lawsuits, or pandemic aftermath that has disrupted your workplace environment? Dr. Sheron is the Crisis Manager who can help lead your team through this tumultuous time. As an expert, she has worked with the Dallas Police Department, Methodist Church, organizations, and has been a residential expert for several years for Good Morning Texas to lead people through dark times. This session was created for leadership teams to help guide, counsel, and work through the challenges of crisis without the company falling apart.
“Don’t Just Survive- Thrive”
“You have cancer!” Hearing those words changed my life forever. I had become a member of a club that I didn’t ask to join. Although I was grateful for survival, I knew I wanted to do more, so I learned how to thrive. Dr. Sheron turned her breast cancer diagnosis into a worldwide survival event by deciding that this disease was not just about her, but the millions of others that were in the club. She created a non- profit that raised thousands of dollars to provide free mammograms, partnered with a hospital to create the “Patterson Pledge”, which encourages health awareness. In this session she teaches participants how to leverage their health circumstances to educate and inspire those around them and shares thriving tips from her book “ The Blessing and the Bling, How Faith and Fashion Helped Me Survive Breast Cancer.”
Participants will learn
- How to make lemonade from lemon like health diagnosis
- To eliminate the “why me” mindset and embrace the “why not me, mindset
- How to become a speaker on your health challenge
- How to partner with area health agencies
- How to speak on your health challenge to young women
- Bachelor of Arts English/Journalism Spelman College
- Master of Divinity Southern Methodist University
- Masters Perkins School of Theology
- Doctor of Ministry Perkins School of Theology
- Speaker for 30 years
- International speaker/teacher
- First African American woman to be ordained in the North Texas region of the United Methodist Church.
- Ordained United Methodist pastor for 30 years
- Served as senior pastor of five United Methodist Churches in the Dallas, Texas area.
- Senior pastor of Hamilton Park United Methodist Church in Dallas
- Managed crisis for Dallas Police Department
- Managed crisis in conjunction with the mayor’s office for the City of Dallas
- Residential expert for advice and managing crisis on Good Morning Texas for 7 years
- Staff Writer- The United Methodist Reporter Newspaper
- Director of Communication for the North Texas Conference of the United Methodist Church
- Lead the church to support the community during the pandemic to feed 1,000 people weekly.
- Thought Leader on policing and unifying the community.
- Her 30-year ministry is built on innovation and change.
- 14-year breast cancer survivor
- Partnered with Methodist Health systems as creator of “The Patterson Pledge” that encouraged women to take responsibility of their health.
- Raised thousands of dollars to provide free mammograms for low-income women by gathering other breast cancer survivors and building Habitat for Humanity homes.
- Essence Magazine Best Seller for book -The Love Clinic.
- Southern Methodist University Board of Trustees
- Methodist Health System, Board of Directors
What Makes Me Sparkle!
I shine when I empower women and men to come from the basement and claim their penthouse lives. I sparkle when their minds, hearts and souls open up and embrace positive change.
- Relationship Expert/On-air talent, Good Morning Texas television program on WFAA, Channel 8, since 2010
- Relationship Expert on REJOICE nationally syndicated radio
- Sunday Morning Drive co-host KRNB radio
- Columnist- The Dallas Examiner
- Opinion writer- The Dallas Morning News, The Charlotte Observer
- Fierce Female- Advocate Newspaper
- Woman of the Year- Elite Newspaper
- She Knows Where She is Going Award— The Women’s Resource Center
- Community Beacon-National Association of Negro Business Women
“Dr. Patterson conducted a quarterly leadership training session for the upper echelon of the 2nd largest sheriff’s office in the state of Texas. She spoke about flexibility, perseverance, conflict resolution and boundaries. Here are some of the comments from the chiefs, assistant chiefs, and captains who attended the session:
- ‘Served as a reboot for refreshing my thoughts on leadership.’
- ‘Awesome speaker! We need more of Dr. Patterson’s time!’
- ‘She was very inspiring, and we hope to have her return!'”
“Dr. Rev Sheron Patterson has spoken for our organization on numerous occasions. Her testimony is captivating, inspirational and rejuvenating. She has a unique way of engaging cancer survivors as she leads them along her joyous and victorious journey.”
“Dr. Sheron Patterson was a weekly guest on my show on the ABC Radio Networks for 10 years; her inspirational advice challenged and motivated my listeners to become better people and to live better lives. Dr. Patterson has continued to be a go-to leader on my current show on KRNB (Smooth R&B 105.7) to help bring people together during recent times of challenge.”